In order to play softball, each family will need to sign a COVID waiver. Once you have read the waiver, please print and sign, then upload to the Softball DropBox.
The following guidelines will be in place as we return to the fields and are subject to change short notice.
The All Stars season is the most competitive season of the year and runs generally from May through July. Players are nominated after the Spring season to try out to earn a spot on a Gold or Silver All Stars team.
The commitment to All Stars is significant, as teams practice approximately 3 times a week and have tournaments every weekend (usually both days and sometimes Friday too) for approximately 5 to 7 weekends in a row beginning in late May. All Stars players depend on each other so it is important that team members attend practices and tournaments.
Players are nominated by their coaches. Their Division Rep or members of the Board of Directors may also make a nomination.
All players should receive a call or e-mail from the Division Rep within a few days of the tryouts to inform them of the results.
If a player "played up" during the regular season (i.e., an 8U-age player played in the 10U division), that player must either make the gold-level team in the play-up division or try out to play for the gold or silver-level team in their age-appropriate division. Play-ups who are nominated for All Stars must try out for both the age-appropriate division and the play-up division.
It is extremely important to attend tryouts, which are held one or two days after notifications and often immediately after the end of the Spring season. Due to the tight time frame inherent in the process, the amount of notice before tryouts is always extremely short. Please review the season calendar for updates on tryout dates.
TRYOUTS WILL BE ON MONDAY, MAY 3.
Every coach in the division participates in the selection process. The tryout is only a part of the evaluation. Coaches have played with or against these players all season and will use their experience in ranking the players. These rankings are not made public, or even shared with the other coaches.
The Gold All Stars coach then picks the Gold team (usually 12 players). As long as the 12 players are from the top 15 of the coaches' rankings, that team will be approved by the BOD. If a player is being selected that is out of the top 15, the coach, through the Division Rep must make a presentation to the entire Board of Directors as to the reason for the selection (perhaps explaining a unique special skill). The Silver team is comprised of the following ranked 12 players.
The Board of Directors DOES NOT select All Stars teams or have any influence on the selection of All Stars players.
A player is not eligible to play on an All Stars team if the player has participated with a team outside of LNGS (travel team) after April 15, or if the player has not participated in more than 75% of the recreational season games (not due to an injury).
Registration (required) $350 (includes two jerseys, two pairs of socks, one pair of pants, practice shirt, field rental fees, tournament registration fees) There will be a payment plan available.
Sea Country Work Deposit/Buy Out (required but refundable) = $120
In order to keep costs down, LNGS is hosting the Rancho Roundup and Sea Country Classic Tournaments. Every All Stars family is required to either work at the tournaments for a total of 4 hours (field prep, snack bar, or general setup/cleanup) or buy out of their commitment.
Required additional items:
Optional additional items:
1. We understand that playing time and offensive or defensive positions are NOT guaranteed and there are no fairness rules regarding playing time in the All Stars program.
2. We understand that All Stars players are expected to attend all practices and tournaments. There will be approximately 3 practices per week (2 hours each), and Tournaments every weekend that generally start on Fridays and end Sundays. The season is approximately 5 to 7 weeks long and runs from Mid-May through July.
3. We understand that All Stars players may sit on the bench more than they are used to; must be willing to think more about the team than themselves; and handle personal failure with grace and composure.
4. We understand that All Stars players must remain positive and never make negative comments about their teammates or coaches; or to opposing players, coaches, parents, umpires or anyone attending a game.
5. We understand that All Stars parents must follow/abide and support all USA Softball Rules and Code of Conduct including no drinking or smoking at any USA tournament or practice.
6. We understand that All Stars parents must be supportive and encouraging of our children, the team, and the Coaching staff.
7. We understand that our family will be asked to assist with the Annual LNGS Sea Country Classic tournament and either work in the snack bar or on field preparation. This is a very important part of the parent commitment.
8. My player has not worked out, tried out, scrimmaged or played with a Travel Ball team after April 15, 2021.
Congratulations LNGS 12U Gold for taking 1st place at the Irvine Classic!
Coach Holman, Curtis, and Reed led their Wildcats to win the Carlsbad Seabreeze Tournament. Great job team!
Congratulations to Coach Whitson and her awesome 8U Gold All Stars!
Congratulations LNGS 12U Silver for advancing to States!
Congratulations to our 8U Silver team for earning second place at the Carlsbad Sea Breeze Tournament and the LNGS Sea Country Classic!